***Sugar Sand Park Community Center is open Monday-Friday from 9am-8pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am-4pm for walk-in permit sales and customer service questions. 2020-2021 Beach, Boat, & Dog Permits are available for purchase at City Community Centers. Facial coverings are required inside all City facilities. City beach, boat, and dog park/beach permit-holders are still encouraged to renew permits online.
The Science Playground, Splash Pad, walking paths, athletic fields, & outdoor basketball courts at Sugar Sand Park are open for public use and are to be used at your own risk.
Be advised that the Children's Science Explorium, Willow Theatre, Carousel, and Field House are currently closed.
Our park pavilions are open on a first come, first serve basis. We ask all park patrons to adhere to the directives and Emergency Orders put forth by Palm Beach County:
Park visitors must practice social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
Per Palm Beach County Emergency Order 12, facial coverings are required in public spaces, including any outdoor areas that are open and regularly accessible, where social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines is not possible or not being practiced. Individuals are not required to wear facial coverings when actively engaging in exercise and maintaining social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.
We continue to encourage everyone to follow CDC Guidelines so that they can best protect themselves, as well as others during this time.***
New volunteers must submit City of Boca Raton volunteer forms. The Volunteer Application is available upon request or in person at Sugar Sand Park Community Center.
- Children's Science Explorium - SVStevens@myboca.us
- Willow Theatre - email@example.com
- Special Events at Sugar Sand Park - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are vital to help with the activities, shows and programs that take place in the Explorium, the Willow Theatre, and at Special Events. Each area has it's own opportunities. Please visit the links for specific information about each area.
- The Explorium positions include Museum Guides and Summer Camp Counselors
- The Willow Theatre positions include Front of House (Ushers) and Technical Assistants during shows
- The Special Events positions involve helping the public with activities, actors for a haunted house, games, etc at various large events throughout the year.
Volunteers ages 14+ are welcomed and encouraged to join us. Sugar Sand Park might be the right place for you if you:
- Enjoy working with others
- Have a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Need community service hours
- Love to be involved in your community
- Sugar Sand Park is operated by the City of Boca Raton. Volunteers will need to complete a City Volunteer forms packet, including the background check for ALL volunteers (yes, we need the social security number for ALL volunteers, regardless of age.)
- Volunteers 18+ will need to have their photo taken for a badge.
- The Explorium and Willow Theatre positions require an interview.
- Special Events do not require an interview, but actors and backstage crew for the Shriek Week Haunted House are required to attend the General "Boo-cruitment" meeting.
- All volunteers must attend mandatory training and/or orientation in their area prior to volunteering. This training/orientation provides an overview of the facility, expectations in the specific area, as well as policies and procedures to help prepare you with pertinent tools and information.
- Current olunteers are encouraged to participate in other areas, i.e. if you are an Explorium or Theatre volunteer and would like to be involved in Special Events, that's great!